Philosophy and Goals
Physical Education and Athletics form an integral part of Global Outreach Charter Academy curriculum and an important component of every student’s educational experience. We remain dedicated to encouraging all GOCA students to be physically active and healthy and get committed to a balanced lifestyle as the basis for sustaining a strong and clear mind. We inspire our students to experience the challenges and joys of athletic competition as part of their learning experience.
We recognize that many of the skills necessary for athletic success – teamwork, commitment, communication, resilience, perseverance – also are fundamental for success in life and further acknowledge that students often develop important aspects of their leadership abilities while playing sports.
Better Students. Better Athletes. Better Leaders.
GOCA’s foundational objective—Be Your Best—applies not only to athletic performance but also to behavior and character education outside the game.
In all our Global Outreach Charter Academy Athletics and Training Programs, we strive to achieve the following:
- Maintain the highest ethical standards and practices through encouragement and positive leadership.
- Provide equitable athletic and physical education opportunities for girls and boys giving equal emphasis to girls’ and boys’ sports within the School community.
- Foster GOCA’s values of diversity, integrity, respect and mutual trust.
- Encourage students of diverse abilities and promote an environment of inclusion.
- Ensure that all our coaches are recognized as high performance educators, dedicated to the learning experience of all GOCA students.